Monday 26 November 2018

Bye Bye Wollongong

Five months flew by just like that. It's already the 26th of November, I will finally be seeing my family this Thursday and I'm gonna go home pretty soon. Not gonna lie, I've been saying I can't wait to go home non-stop but now, I'm having mixed feelings about it. The first few weeks living here was hard and I'd get slightly homesick. But after making friends, familiarising with the area and developing my own routine, I got used to it. I didn't realise how much I've gotten used to it until Fad and Cheryl came over and they're saying how much they've missed home and can't wait to go back to Singapore, while I was looking forward to going back to Wollongong, to my own little room. I mean, I do miss Singapore (specifically the food) and my family tremendously and have said this so many times too but after thinking about it, I wouldn't mind staying here for a few more months. Would I migrate here? Maybe not. But living abroad alone is such an incredible experience and I'm glad I did it. Such a bittersweet goodbye. Gonna miss my friends, the friendly people/culture, taking the train to Sydney, having brunch at cute cafes all over Wollongong, the crystal clear waters, the sand in between my toes when I walk barefoot on the beach..... the list goes on and on. Goodbye Wollongong. Sounds so clichè but you'll always be part of me!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment